Medical & Commercial International (MCI) specialises in underwriting international liability risks. Its management and underwriting team have extensive experience of the international insurance market and have worked with companies ranging from start-ups to some of the largest corporate and public entities in the world.
MCI’s aim is simple – to create a market leading underwriting-led proposition with longevity and specialist knowledge at the centre of everything it does.
Why we’re different
- MCI provides the flexibility and service of an MGA with the infrastructure and support of an established insurance group
- Broad underwriting authority in the hands of front-line underwriters with the in-depth sector experience to make it count
- Capacity providers with financial security and licensing to the highest standard
- Longevity and depth of relationships with clients and brokers with the ability to back this up formally through long term agreements
- We only partner with capacity providers and third party adjusters with established claims management track record
Lloyd’s Part VII Transfer
Lloyd’s is proposing to transfer certain EEA insurance policies to Lloyd’s Brussels.
The proposed transfer will not change terms and conditions of any policy, except that Lloyd’s Brussels will become the insurer and Data Controller in respect of the transferred policies.
Further information about the proposal (including whether it could affect your pre-transfer position), which policies are transferring, your rights and what you need to do can be found at lloyds.com/brexittransfer.
Broker Trading Notice
With effect from 17th September 2020, MCI concluded a management buy-out from Castel Underwriting Agencies Limited. In order to ensure continuity for our clients the team will continue to service historic business (back to start of trading in May 2015) from an underwriting perspective.
If you have any questions about these changes please contact the team.