Medical & Commercial International (MCI) specialises in underwriting international liability risks. Its management and underwriting team have extensive experience of the international insurance market and have worked with companies ranging from start-ups to some of the largest corporate and public entities in the world.
MCI benefits from being a division of Castel Underwriting Agencies Ltd, a Managing General Agency (MGA) and also being part of Barbican, an established insurance group. Its aim is simple – to create a market leading underwriting-led proposition with longevity and specialist knowledge at the centre of everything it does.
Why we’re different
- MCI provides the flexibility and service of an MGA with the infrastructure and support of an established insurance group
- Broad underwriting authority in the hands of front-line underwriters with the in-depth sector experience to make it count
- Capacity providers with financial security and licensing to the highest standard
- Longevity and depth of relationships with clients and brokers with the ability to back this up formally through long term agreements
- We only partner with capacity providers and third party adjusters with established claims management track record
Broker Trading Notice
With effect from (and including) 30th October 2019, Medical & Commercial International Limited will underwrite risks on: FRN 831245
Risks incepting prior to 30th October 2019 will be written on the Castel Underwriting Agencies Limited license: FRN:582862
MCI continue to be a subsidiary of Castel with non-underwriting services provided by Castel to MCI under an internal services agreement.
If you have any questions about this change of trading license please contact the team.